Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Pack Meets Again

Roger and Maddy are pretty well established in their new little home on Grand Lake.  Maddy is leaving her teaching position here in Tulsa to take a part management part charge nurse position in the lakes area.  Mike and Jodi are back from Hawaii.  We all had tales to tell.  

We had agreed to meet at Asiana in Claremore last night but I suggested we move it back to Tulsa at the last minute because of the possibility of icy roads. Roger and Maddy were already in Tulsa and could have spent the night if the roads had iced before they left. So, we wound up at one of our usual haunts, Beijing Gourmet at 61st and Memorial

The Chinese lady who serves as maitre' de gave us a big smile when we showed up and showed us to an out of the way table where we could chat and not be in the way.  The food was good as usual.
It seems that Mike and Jodi did not enjoy their Hawaiian cruise as much as the last one.  It rained most of the time and they encountered heavy weather at sea.  Mike has sworn off of cruise ships but I suspect we will be able to win him over in time for the next Pack Cruise in January, 2015.

As we were chatting, one of the folks guessed that I heard a lot of heartbreaking stuff in my profession.  I do.  I don't talk about most of it because I have a duty of confidentiality to my clients and at any rate most of it is anything but good conversation material.  The saddest part of that is that much of that heartbreak is self inflicted. Sometimes, a huge part of my job is getting my client to step outside of the hole they have dug for themselves and look at their situation as the rest of the world sees it.  I didn't share this all with the pack. Being a downer is no fun for anyone.

We had a good chat and several good laughs.  We broke up early and went home before the ice set in.  And a good time was had by all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment