Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

It has been a busy weekend but a good one.  We started it at Java Dave's on 15th near Sheridan  (my second office) late Friday afternoon.  I executed wills for some really nice people, an older lady and a young couple.  Mike and Jodi Sala were kind enough to  serve as witnesses.

After that, we called the Harmons and the whole Rat Pack minus the Queens headed to The Macaroni Grill for dinner.  It was a good dinner if a bit expensive.  I had the Chicken Under A Brick.  It was fabulous.  Unfortunately, I wound up wearing as much of the dipping sauce as I got in my mouth.  Embarrassed the dickens out of me.

Saturday, we got up early and cleaned house and the deck.  We had been so busy last weekend with Michelle's wedding festivities that the house and the deck had kind of gotten away from us.  We put in a pretty good day's work.  I got a rude surprise when I cleared the cleaning solution off of the deck.  About half of the sealant and finish wore off over the winter.  Within the next week or two, I will have reseal the whole thing.


We had dinner at our favorite Indian place on Memorial Saturday evening before we went grocery shopping.  I have never had bad meal there and I would swear that they put some mysterious addictive spice in the food, especially the desserts, that makes you crave the stuff.  We didn't get home until nearly bedtime and were dead tired by the time the groceries were put up.

In the pan before toppings were added.
I cooked breakfast for Sheila Sunday morning.  It was a Mexican omelette with a filling of sauteed onions, sausage, tomatoes and tortilla shreds topped with salsa and avocado slices.  After breakfast, I gave Sheila her Mother's Day gifts from me, a card, a box of sugar free chocolates and a new pair of gardening gloves.  She graciously shared a couple of the chocolates with me.

Sunday afternoon, Michelle, Robert, Little Ben and Sheila's sister Gwenda came over for dinner.  I grilled some marinated and dry rubbed chicken breasts.  I also grilled some potato wedges.  Sheila made roasted green beans and mushrooms and a pineapple upside down cake.  It wasn't one of our best meals but it was good and we all had a good time eating and passing Little Ben around the table so one and then the other could eat.

I didn't take pictures.  I should have but I didn't.  Robert did take a few and hopefully he will email them over so I can post them here.  Michelle had already sent Sheila flowers for Mother's Day at her office.  But, she also brought us both a nice silver framed picture of her little family.  It was a sweet gift.

And yes, a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment